‘Star Wars’ star Harrison Ford ‘shocked’ by ‘disgraceful’ hate speech
Posted On August 4, 2021
Harrison Ford, who has been nominated for the Academy Awards for his portrayal of Han Solo in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” says he has been “shocked” by the vitriol directed at him and the other nominees after they were revealed.
Speaking to the Hollywood Reporter ahead of his nomination, the 69-year-old actor said he was “deeply saddened” by what he saw in the leaked video, which was posted online by a disgruntled employee of an online dating service.
“It’s very upsetting, I was shocked,” he said.
“I’m a big fan of Star Wars.
I was born in ‘The Empire Strikes Back,’ I loved ‘The Return of the Jedi’ and I was one of the first people who saw it on my big screen.”
And I think the people who are upset that we won’t be nominated are just the same people who feel like the world is flat.
They are trying to create a negative atmosphere around us, and I think that’s what they’re trying to do.
“Ford, who is set to make his first appearance at the Oscars later this year, has previously criticised the film industry and said that he will be voting for his own nominees in the next week’s awards ceremony.”
If you can’t make a movie that makes people laugh, you can certainly make a film that makes them cry.”